Thank you to my friends at HOFFMAN MEDIA for sharing these wonderful recipes!
These are as yummy as they are pretty- from VICTORIA MAGAZINE.
Makes about 60 truffles
- 10 (1-ounce) bars 41% milk chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup good-quality cocoa powder
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup finely ground toasted almonds
- 10 (1-ounce) bars 70% semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 (1-ounce) bars white chocolate, chopped
1. Combine milk chocolate and cocoa powder in a medium bowl; set aside. Bring cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Pour hot cream over chocolate mixture, stirring gently until chocolate is melted. Stir in the toasted almonds. Place the mixture in an airtight container in a freezer for two hours.
3. Scoop a small amount of chocolate mixture with a small spring-loaded ice cream scoop or melon baller (11/8-inch diameter). Roll truffles by hand to form 1-inch balls; return to freezer.
4. Microwave semisweet chocolate on HIGH, in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is melted and smooth (about 2 minutes). Cool to room temperature. To dip chocolates: pierce truffle gently with a fork and dip completely in melted chocolate. Transfer to parchment-lined tray, and using a second fork, gently slide off prongs.
5. Microwave white chocolate on HIGH, in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is melted and smooth (about 2 minutes). Place in a pastry bag with a small tip and drizzle over truffles. Refrigerate until ready to serve.